- This event has passed.
Equity Leaders: A Workshop for Those Leading Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
April 12, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$175
Whether it is called diversity, equity and inclusion, multiculturalism, or anti-racism, the role of leading equity initiatives in the workplace can be challenging. Many organizations have created these positions in the past ten years, and those hired are coming in without any clear direction. Equity leaders often feel isolated and can quickly become frustrated or feel overwhelmed. However, if we can come together to collaborate and learn from each other’s mistakes and successes, perhaps we can craft an easier path forward. As Paulo Freire said, “We make the road by walking.”
This workshop provides an opportunity for equity leaders to share strategies for organizational change, problem solve some of the challenges they face, and to network. Each participant will be asked to bring an example of a success story, strategy, or tool to share. Everyone will be given time to discuss challenges and hear the best thinking from their colleagues. Facilitators Caprice Hollins and Ilsa Govan will share a model of multicultural organizational development and strategies for change we’ve identified over the past eight years in our work with hundreds of organizations.
- Learn tools for engaging in courageous conversations about equity work.
- Be able to identify stages of multicultural organization development and strategies for moving equity initiatives forward.
- Collaborate with other equity leaders by sharing resources and best thinking around challenges.
- Develop a network of equity leaders for on-going support.
Caprice D. Hollins, Psy.D. & Ilsa Govan, M.A.
- $150 Early-Bird registration through Thursday, March 21, 2019
- $175 Standard rates apply beginning Friday, March 22, 2019
Registration includes free resources, a light breakfast and afternoon snacks. No refunds given for any reason after April 5, 2019, although you are welcome to gift your seat to a colleague.