YouthCare advocates at the federal, state, and local level for budget matters and public policies that impact youth and young adults experiencing homelessness. Our advocacy is guided by our mission to end youth homelessness and our core values of safety, respect, empowerment, dependability, social justice, leadership, collaboration, and equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Housing: All young people deserve equal access to safe, stable, and developmentally appropriate housing.
- Education: All young people deserve access to a high-quality education that prepares them for post-secondary success.
- Employment: All young people deserve access to living-wage employment and support on their path to long-term stability.
- Health and basic needs: All young people deserve the resources to lead healthy lives, including access to nutrition, hygiene, and physical and behavioral health care.
- Social justice and well-being: All young people deserve to live a life free from oppression, abuse, neglect, and exploitation.