You can help young people achieve their goals and feel more confident; thank you for caring about young people experiencing homelessness. See below to help!
Current Drive: Brr – Provide Winter Warmth!
It’s cold outside! Help keep young people warm and well by providing cold weather items and other supplies that help youth move their lives forward. With your help, youth will know that their community cares about them.
1. Provide needed items from the online Wishlist:
Provide needed items safely online through YouthCare’s WishList—gifts are shipped directly to YouthCare:
Bonus! Sign up shop at Amazon Smile and 0.5% of your eligible purchases will be donated to the charitable organization of your choice. Visit smile.amazon.com to get started! If you have questions, view their FAQ.
2. OR donate or organize a drive for the following highly needed items:
- Rainproof jackets & pants
- Wool socks
- Sweatshirts & sweatpants (adult sizes XS-XXXL)
- Adult-size warm clothing & coats (new or mostly-new)
- Hot Hands
- Sleeping bags (32 degree & below)
- Gift cards (Visa, Target, Fred Meyer, QFC, Safeway)
- Pre-paid phones and minute cards
- New underwear (adult sizes XS-XXXL)
- Personal care Items
- Non-Perishable snacks, pantry Items, & meals
Dropping Donations Off – ON HOLD:
Due to the surge of Omicron, in-person delivery of donated items are on hold until February. Please utilize the Amazon Wish List above or donate here if you’d like to contribute in the meantime.
Normally, we accept new and mostly-new donations at our Main Office, 2500 NE 54th Street; learn more about our used donation criteria here. For COVID safety, it is required to sign up for a drop off time:
Provide a Meal
A warm, healthy meal keeps youth healthy and whole. Use your skills to provide delicious meals for young people in our care. See below for different ways you can ensure youth can count on nutritious meals:
Want to support young people experiencing homelessness AND local business at the same time? View the list below or visit the Intentionalist to find local BIPOC owned businesses!
- Noir Lux Candle Co.
- 35th North Skate Shop (Gift card, Shoes, clothing, skateboards)
- Elliot Bay Book Company (Gift cards, or books and graphic novels in English or Spanish for 12-24 year old’s, BIPOC & LGBTQ+ authors preferred)
- Estelita’s Library
- TomBoyX (underwear, loungewear, bras, gift cards)
- Two Big Blondes: Plus Size Consignment
Other ways to give
Donation Guidelines for YouthCare:
Thanks for thinking about donating items from your life to the young people in our programs. How to get those donations to us!?
- Purchase a gift directly off of YouthCare’s Wishlist and it will ship directly to YouthCare.
- Mail Items – Address: YouthCare, attn: Development, 2500 NE 54th St., Seattle, WA 98105.
Due to storage space and staff capacity, we are only able to accept certain items that are new or mostly new. Please see below for further guidelines.
Please help maximize donations by:
- Washing & folding donations before they are delivered.
- Sorting & organizing – group similar items and sizes together (i.e. a box of medium coats, a bag of new wool socks).
We cannot accept or do not need:
- Used socks or underwear
- Clothing, shoes, or bedding with any odor, pet hair, or stains, rips, or dirt
- Food or bathroom items that have been opened or partially used.
- Holiday décor that is out of season
- Trinkets or religious items
- Text books, unless specified as a need
- Broken or unusable appliances, electronics, etc.
- Outdated calendars and planners
- Clothes that need dry-cleaning
- Used mattresses
- Any items that are 3 years old or older
- Youth or children sizes
Thank you for helping us provide high quality care to young people.
Consider donating these above listed items to our partners:
- Furniture donations? Try Humble Design
- Large baby equipment? Try WestSide Baby
- Electronics? Try Interconnection
- Large Appliances? Try Habitat for Humanity Store
- Other items? Try Goodwill
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org