Current Drive: Back to School!
Education unlocks the future and brings dreams within reach!
It’s a new beginning – a bright and fresh start to the school year! Help young people go back to school prepared with class supplies and a reassuring confidence that their needs will be met. Every young person deserves the chance to work towards their dreams and build a meaningful future. Join YouthCare’s school drive!
1. Provide needed items from the online Wishlist:
Provide needed items safely online through YouthCare’s WishList—gifts are shipped directly to YouthCare:
Bonus! Sign up shop at Amazon Smile and 0.5% of your eligible purchases will be donated to the charitable organization of your choice. Visit smile.amazon.com to get started! If you have questions, view their FAQ.
2. OR organize a drive for the following highly needed items:
- planners (undated)
- battery-powered alarm clocks
- composition & spiral notebooks
- pens & pencils & highlighters
- loose leaf paper
- TI-84 Plus calculators
- folders & 5-tab binder dividers with pockets
- markers, colored pencils, & art supplies
- Tracphones and phone minutes
- gift cards (Target, Amazon, Visa)
- tissues & first aid kits
- hygiene supplies (razors, deodorant, hair product)
Dropping Donations Off:
We accept new and mostly-new donations at our Main Office, 2500 NE 54th Street; learn more about our used donation criteria here. For COVID safety, it is required to sign up for a drop off time:
Provide a Meal
A warm, healthy meal keeps youth healthy and whole. Use your skills to provide delicious meals for young people in our care. See below for different ways you can ensure youth can count on nutritious meals:
Want to support young people experiencing homelessness AND local business at the same time? View the list below or visit the Intentionalist to find local BIPOC owned businesses! Go here to find products from businesses that partner with YouthCare for good!
Other ways to give
Donation Guidelines for YouthCare:
Thanks for thinking about donating items from your life to the young people in our programs. How to get those donations to us!?
- Purchase a gift directly off of YouthCare’s Wishlist and it will ship directly to YouthCare.
- Mail Items – Address: YouthCare, attn: Development, 2500 NE 54th St., Seattle, WA 98105.
Due to storage space and staff capacity, we are only able to accept certain items that are new or mostly new. Please see below for further guidelines.
Please help maximize donations by:
- Washing & folding donations before they are delivered.
- Sorting & organizing – group similar items and sizes together (i.e. a box of medium coats, a bag of new wool socks).
We cannot accept or do not need:
- Used socks or underwear
- Clothing, shoes, or bedding with any odor, pet hair, or stains, rips, or dirt
- Food or bathroom items that have been opened or partially used.
- Holiday décor that is out of season
- Trinkets or religious items
- Text books, unless specified as a need
- Broken or unusable appliances, electronics, etc.
- Outdated calendars and planners
- Clothes that need dry-cleaning
- Used mattresses
- Any items that are 3 years old or older
- Youth or children sizes
- Technology that is no longer compatible with most operating systems or can no longer charge
Thank you for helping us provide high quality care to young people.
Consider donating these above listed items to our partners:
- Furniture donations? Try Humble Design
- Large baby equipment? Try WestSide Baby
- Electronics? Try Interconnection
- Large Appliances? Try Habitat for Humanity Store
- Other items? Try Goodwill
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org