YouthCare offers a wide variety of career opportunities, including positions in shelter and housing services, engagement and outreach services, homelessness prevention services, employment and education services, case management, counseling, development, and non-profit administration.
YouthCare envisions a community where no young person experiences homelessness, all young people have the opportunity to thrive, and the systems that oppress them are dismantled. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity.
Non-management employees are represented by OPEIU Local 8.
Our agency is guided by the following values:
- Safety: All young people deserve a secure, stable, and healthy environment.
- Respect: We center our work in compassion and dignity for others and the belief that all young people should be valued.
- Empowerment: We promote a culture that encourages staff and youth to develop their own strengths, and that champions their growth and successes.
- Dependability: We are unwavering in our commitment to young people and can be trusted to provide consistent, high quality, and sustainable care.
- Social Justice: To end youth homelessness we must name and actively work to dismantle those systems that have created injustices for people of color, LGBTQ+, and immigrant communities.
- Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion: We embrace diversity, assure fair treatment, and provide equitable access to opportunities.
- Leadership: We lead and advocate for changes that benefit young people by leveraging the collective power and influence of our youth, staff, board, and partners.
- Collaboration: We can achieve more for young people by collaborating with and learning from partners and inspiring the community to take action.
Our Cultural Impact Committee exists to ensure that YouthCare fosters cultural awareness, advances culturally relevant services, and creates a safe and welcoming environment for clients of all backgrounds.
Employees are supported in guiding their professional development in a variety of ways, including opportunities to take leadership positions on cross-agency committees, onsite and external trainings, and performance development.
Employee benefits play an integral part in making YouthCare a great place to work and enabling employees to provide the best service possible to our clients. We provide full and part-time employees with a generous and comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical & Vision: three medical plans to choose from to fit your needs
- Dental: two dental plans to choose from to fit your needs
- Flexible Spending Accounts: use pre-tax money to pay for out-of-pocket medical and childcare expenses
- Employee Assistance Program: access to legal assistance, financial counseling, child and elder care referrals, counseling services, and more for employees as well as their dependents
- 401(k) Plan: includes an employer match
- Short-term and Long-term Disability, and Life Insurance: 100% employer-paid to ensure employees are covered for unexpected challenges
- Paid Time Off: We knows that employees perform their best when they have a chance to rest from their daily routine on a regular basis and are able to take time away from work when sick. YouthCare provides paid time off through a broad offering of vacation, sick, parental leave, floating holidays, and holiday leave.
Equal Employment Opportunity
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and YouthCare is committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of actual or perceived sex; race; color; religious creed; national origin; ancestry; age; marital status; pregnancy; nursing parent status; physical, mental or sensory disability; medical condition; genetic information; sexual orientation; gender (including gender identity or expression); military or veteran status; or any other basis protected by federal, state and/or local laws. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Questions about your application or employment at YouthCare?