The University District Youth Center (UDYC) is YouthCare’s engagement center located in the University District at 4516 15th Ave NE. In 2016, YouthCare merged services with Catholic Community Services to run UDYC and offer resources to youth experiencing homelessness in the University District. UDYC serves as a safe and welcoming place for young people ages 12-24 through a variety of services during the day.
UDYC’s engagement services include:
- Warm meals for lunch
- Hygiene supplies including showers, laundry, and clothing
- Morning and afternoon drop-in services with activities such as tutoring, yoga, and art.
- Case managers who work with young people to reduce barriers and set goals for long-term housing
- Onsite legal aid offered through the Legal Counsel for Children & Youth
- Onsite mental health and chemical dependency counseling offered through Ryther Center for Children & Youth
UDYC is also home to the Art Hive as well as the YouthCare’s P.O.C. Street Art—two programs that are designed to engage youth through the arts. Check out both art programs here!