South Seattle Youth Center is YouthCare’s engagement center located in Rainer Beach on 9416 Rainier Ave S.
Opened in 2015, South Seattle Youth Center was originally named “Jackson Street,” in recognition of its first location on South Jackson Street. In the fall of 2018, Jackson Street moved to Columbia City and was co-located with Southeast Youth and Family Services. It has now settled in its permanent location in Rainier Beach.
Offering both day and night services, South Seattle Youth Center is dedicated to creating an inclusive and culturally responsive community for all young people wanting to take steps in their lives toward permanency and stability.
South Seattle Youth Center’s engagement services include:
- Warm meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Hygiene supplies including lockers, showers, laundry, and clothing
- Afternoon drop-in services
- Day shelter beds
- Case managers who work with young people to reduce barriers and set goals for long-term housing
- Onsite mental health counseling through Southeast Youth & Family services and chemical dependency counseling offered through Ryther Center for Children & Youth
- Overnight shelter