Why work at YouthCare?
To see our open opportunities, click here:
At YouthCare: We value hard work and dedication to helping homeless youth move from survival mode into a thriving and healthy young adulthood. We also value a sense of humor and respect for each other and the youth we serve. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity.
We offer a wide variety of career opportunities, including positions in Housing services, Drop-In and Street Outreach services, Engagement services, Homelessness Prevention services, Employment and Education services, Case Management, Counseling, Development, and non-profit administration.
Our agency is guided by five principles:
- All youth benefit from having caring adults help them navigate life’s choices
- Homeless youth deserve and have the greatest success when they receive individualized, culturally-relevant services
- Our staff is our greatest asset
- Measuring and understanding the impact of our services is central to achieving our long-term goals
- Strong partnerships are essential to our work
Our Cultural Impact Committee exists to continue to ensure that the agency’s culture is welcoming and safe for clients of all backgrounds, create and cultivate a culture of constant growth and learning in regards to cultural awareness at YouthCare, and advance culturally-relevant service.
Employees are supported in guiding their professional development in a variety of ways, including opportunities to take leadership positions on cross-agency committees, onsite and external trainings, and performance development.
Employee benefits play an integral part in making YouthCare a great place to work and enabling employees to provide the best service possible to our clients. We provide full- and part-time employees with a generous and comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical: five medical plans to choose from to fit your needs as well as access to Critical Illness & Accident insurances
- Dental: two dental plans to choose from to fit your needs
- Flexible Spending Accounts: use pre-tax money to pay for out-of-pocket medical and childcare expenses
- Employee Assistance Program: access to legal assistance, financial counseling, child and elder care referrals, counseling services, and more for employees as well as their dependents
- 401(k) Plan: includes an employer match
- Short-term and Long-term Disability, and Life Insurance: 100% employer-paid to ensure employees are covered for unexpected challenges
- Paid Time Off: We knows that employees perform their best when they have a chance to rest from their daily routine on a regular basis and are able to take time away from work when sick. YouthCare provides paid time off through a broad offering of vacation, sick, parental leave, floating holidays, and holiday leave.
Equal Employment Opportunity
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are experiencing difficulties in submitting your application, please contact HR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.