Every day, youth experiencing homelessness must focus on food, shelter, and safety. Yet during the holidays, their wishes are no different than what so many of us look forward to: a chance to gather with friends and loved ones, share a meal, and enjoy the season. With your help, we can spread joy and make the holidays feel special for youth experiencing homelessness. It can start with something as simple as a holiday gift—selected just for them. Learn more about holiday giving below!
Fulfill a Wish
- Host a holiday giving tree. Sign up here.
- Grant a holiday wish through YouthCare’s Holiday Wish List on Amazon. Items are shipped directly to us!
- Purchase a frequently requested gift:
Frequently requested gifts:
- Gift cards (Ross, Target, Fred Meyer, Safeway, etc.)
- Prepaid cell phones and minutes
- Headphones and earbuds
- MP3 players
- New art supplies and journals
- Haircare products for textured/natural hair
- New underwear and new socks, all sizes needed
- Shoes, all sizes needed
- Jeans and work pants, all sizes needed
- Hooded sweatshirts, all sizes needed
- Dish sets and pots and pans
- Twin & Queen sheet sets and towels
- New and unopened makeup and nail polish
- Sports equipment and athletic jerseys
- Movie passes
- Sweats and leggings in all colors and sizes
Note: Because all young people deserve to open up a present that is unused and just for them, we ask that all gifts be new and unopened.
See below for more info about dropping off your gifts
Dropping Off Gifts
To keep you, our clients, and our staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, we ask that you sign up for a time to drop-off gifts in advance using the following link. Please only drop off items at our main office during your scheduled drop-off window. Alternatively, you can ship items to YouthCare, Attn: Holiday Drive, 2500 NE 54th St., Seattle, WA 98105! Thank you!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering this holiday season! Providing meals to youth staying in our programs is our biggest need right now. If you’re looking for a simple yet vital way to help young people, consider cooking and delivering (or order delivery from a local restaurant) to one of our shelters or housing programs. It’s a great way to show support while ensuring youth can enjoy a hot meal. You can sign up to deliver a meal here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. For other volunteer opportunities that will resume pending public health recommendations, please sign up for an upcoming volunteer information session here.
Make your year-end gift
Make a cash donation to help provide joy and stability for young people during the holidays.