Every day, homeless youth must focus on food, shelter, and safety. Yet during the holidays, their wishes are no different than what so many of us look forward to: a chance to gather with friends and loved ones, share a meal, and enjoy the season. With your help, we can spread joy and make the holidays feel special for homeless youth. It can start with something as simple as a holiday gift—selected just for them. Learn more about holiday giving below!
Fulfill a Wish
- Host a holiday giving tree. Sign up here and we’ll supply gift tags.
- Make a quick and easy donation through YouthCare’s Holiday Wish List on Amazon.com, and items will be shipped directly to YouthCare.
- Contact email@example.com with your ideas!
- Purchase a frequently requested gift:
Frequently requested gifts:
- Gift cards (Ross, Target, Fred Meyer, Safeway, etc.)
- Prepaid cell phones and minutes
- Headphones and earbuds
- MP3 players
- New art supplies and journals
- Hair care products for textured/natural hair
- New underwear and new socks, all sizes needed
- Shoes, all sizes needed
- Jeans and work pants, all sizes needed
- Hooded sweatshirts, all sizes needed
- Dish sets and pots & pans
- Twin & Queen sheet sets and towels
- New and unopened makeup and nail polish
- Sports equipment and athletic jerseys
- Movie passes
- Leggings in all colors and sizes
Dropping off Holiday wishes is easy! Unwrapped donations can be dropped off at YouthCare’s main office (2500 NE 54th St., Seattle, 98105), Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm.
Special holiday hours will start Monday, December X, and drop-off hours will be from 8am-7pm. Additionally, we’ll be open on Saturday, December X, X, and X 22nd from 10am-2pm.
We ask that all holiday wishes be dropped off by 2:00pm on Saturday, December Xnd. Our main office will be closed on December 25th.
Make a Donation
Host a Holiday Drive
Drives provide much-needed items for homeless youth while also sending a powerful message that their community is thinking about them during the holiday season.
Drives can be done through a variety of ways: organize friends, family, coworkers, or another community group to collect needed items from our holiday wish list, or choose to fulfill specific wishes for a set number of youth (for example, wish lists from twenty-five youth). You can even host a giving tree (YouthCare can supply gift tags).
*Unfortunately, we cannot provide donation bins at this time. Many groups make their own by wrapping large boxes with holiday paper!*
YouthCare’s volunteer opportunities for November and December 2018 are now full. Get a head start on your New Year’s resolutions and sign up to serve a meal in January, February, or beyond.
You can also register now to attend our next Volunteer Information Session.