Every day, homeless youth must focus on food, shelter, and safety. Yet during the holidays, their wishes are no different than what so many of us look forward to: a chance to gather with friends and loved ones, share a meal, and enjoy the season. With your help, we can spread joy and make the holidays feel special for youth experiencing homelessness. It can start with something as simple as a holiday gift—selected just for them. Learn more about holiday giving below!
Fulfill a Wish
- Host a holiday giving tree. Sign up here and we’ll supply gift tags.
- Make a quick and easy donation through YouthCare’s Holiday Wish List on Amazon.com, and items will be shipped directly to YouthCare.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas!
- Purchase a frequently requested gift:
Frequently requested gifts:
- Gift cards (Ross, Target, Fred Meyer, Safeway, etc.)
- Prepaid cell phones and minutes
- Headphones and earbuds
- MP3 players
- New art supplies and journals
- Haircare products for textured/natural hair
- New underwear and new socks, all sizes needed
- Shoes, all sizes needed
- Jeans and work pants, all sizes needed
- Hooded sweatshirts, all sizes needed
- Dish sets and pots and pans
- Twin & Queen sheet sets and towels
- New and unopened makeup and nail polish
- Sports equipment and athletic jerseys
- Movie passes
- Leggings in all colors and sizes
Host a Holiday Drive
Drives provide much-needed items for youth experiencing homelessness while also sending a powerful message that their community is thinking about them during the holiday season.
Drives can be done through a variety of ways: organize friends, family, coworkers, or another community group to collect needed items from our holiday wish list, or choose to fulfill specific wishes for a set number of youth (for example, wish lists from twenty-five youth). You can even host a giving tree (YouthCare can supply gift tags).
*Unfortunately, we cannot provide donation bins at this time. Many groups make their own by wrapping large boxes with holiday paper!*
Dropping Off Gifts
Dropping off holiday wishes is easy! Unwrapped donations can be dropped off at YouthCare’s main office (2500 NE 54th St., Seattle, 98105), Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm. Click here for driving directions.
Special holiday hours will start on Monday, December 9, and drop-off hours will be from 9am-7pm. Additionally, we’ll be open on Saturday, December 14 and December 21 from 10am-2pm.
We ask that all holiday wishes be dropped off by 2pm on Saturday, December 21st. Our main office will be closed on December 25th.
Make a Donation
Make a cash donation in support of our holiday drive.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering this holiday season!
We are currently at capacity and focusing all of our efforts on making the holidays great for young people in our programs. You can still help young people this season by hosting a holiday drive, serving a meal, or delivering a meal. Please contact email@example.com for more information. For all other volunteer opportunities, we will resume in January, please sign up for a volunteer information session here. We look forward to connecting with you in the new year!