YouthBuild is a six month job training pre-apprentice program for youth ages 18-24. YouthBuild offers GED/HSD completion, case management support, job readiness training, and pre-apprenticeship training. Youth also acquire teamwork, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
Youth work on a 2 week rotating schedule; one week participating in GED/HSD completion and job readiness training, and the others learning construction skills in the shop. In shop you receive an introduction to the building trades, along with 6 industry certifications including Multi-Core Craft Curriculum (MC3) which readies students for entry jobs in construction and related industries.
After youth graduate they receive 12 months of follow-up from their case manager to continue to help support them in achieving their goals, including to place students in apprenticeship programs in the trades.
- Between ages 18–24
- Classified as low income
- Have NOT received GED or high school diploma
- Able to commit to a 6-month, full-time program and willing to develop employment and educational goals
- Ready to work hard on own and as part of a team
- Complete a YouthBuild application.
- Attend a YouthBuild Orientation (see flyer).
- Submit copies of state ID and your Social Security Number with the application (if you don’t have ID, we can help you get it).
Please contact us to learn when the next program will begin.
South Seattle Community College (Georgetown Campus)
For additional information:
Contact the YouthBuild Case Manager at email@example.com or (206) 617-4476.