2014 By the Numbers
With your incredible support and generosity, YouthCare was able to provide safe shelter, stable housing, and employment and education opportunities to hundreds of young people in 2014.
- Nearly 1,400 young people accessed basic services during drop-in hours at YouthCare’s James W. Ray Orion Center, including access to showers and laundry, referrals to shelter and housing opportunities, and much more.
- Volunteer teams and dedicated staff served over 30,000 meals.
- 572 young people found safety in our emergency shelters, including 249 in YouthCare’s Young Adult Shelter (YAS).
- Nearly 2/3 of these young people exited shelter into improved housing situations.
- 164 young people were housed in our transitional living programs.
- 63% of these clients exited transitional housing into more stable housing situations.
- 316 youth worked towards their goals with case managers.
- 310 youth accessed employment training and education opportunities.
- 1/3 of these clients obtained unsubsidized employment or enrolled in college within 3 months of program completion.
- 74 responses to youth ages 12-17 in crisis were made through Safe Place.
- 72% of those who called in crisis were placed in a safe housing situation for the night.
We are inspired by and grateful for this community’s commitment to helping young people get off the streets and preparing for life. Thank you for your support that allows us to provide these vital services.